It is still under deep conversation concerning that will certainly be the Cleveland Guardians' shortstop established in rock for the future years. We all know who the three most preferred prospects being stated in such conversations are; and if you do not,  they are Gabriel Arias,  Brayan Rocchio and Tyler Freeman (naturally). Much of the Guardians' fanbase is choosing either Arias or Rocchio to take the place however,  by and huge,  Freeman is being left out from any kind of severe considerations. Fairly sufficient,  I have not considered him nearly as long as he need to be either until simply a few days ago. But anyways,  the more that I consider it,  the more I see a really reliable and regular player (either between infield or in the outfield) for the Guardians on both sides of the field.To forthright and to obtain this out of the way Guardians Shorts,  Freeman does lack power. That is the greatest reason regarding why many are ignoring him a lot. But suppose I stated that an absence of power wouldn't matter for Freeman if he reached it so usually? I state this,  since that is what he does. First of all,  Freeman in 2023 balanced a 38.1 HardHit%,  which would simply creep right into the leading 100 in the league if he was a certified player and that rate was kept. Not only that,  however from August 26th (when he hit his initial crowning achievement) forward,  Freeman struck the very best marks in his career within the power group. Before August 26th (84 batted sphere occasions)-- > August 26th until end of period (42 batted ball occasions): Barrel%: 0.00%-- > 9.5%HardHit%: 36.9%-- > 40.5%Introduce Angle: 1.9 -- > 14.5  Take a look at that enter launch angle. When coupled with Freeman's progression in Barrel and HardHit prices in that time span,  a virtually 13  jump in ordinary launch angle typically suggests that a gamer is making substantial adjustments,  beginning to make use of the power that he has and get lift on the ball.There are additionally a couple of more prior to-- > after stats here.Tyler Freeman before/after his first HR (8-26):.619/.740 OPS6.3/ 5.4 BB%17/19.6 K%76/100 wRC +0.0/ 9.5 Barrel%56.8/ 29.3 GB%18.5/ 46.3 FB%33.1/ 32.5 OSw%89.7/ 89.2 ZCon%8.0/ 6.6 SwStr%He revealed more power,  while keeping the very same call capacity. Lifting the round assisted A HEAP.-- Joseph January 8,  2024During this warm streak for Freeman,  he hit to the opposite field 7% less than he had before,  while dispersing a greater number of batted spheres more towards the central parts of the field. If Freeman can locate a way to keep obtaining to his pull side,  he'll easily strike means a lot more fly balls than he also did in the direction of completion of the season. However this statline right here could still function as a benchmark for constant manufacturing that merits to provide the 24 year old a day-to-day beginning spot. The closest contrast I can make to Freeman is 2nd baseman/outfielder Whit Merrifield. Merrifield's exit velocity,  launch angle and batted sphere circulation numbers are loosely similar to Freeman's in September/October. One more thing I additionally see with Tyler relates to his swing. Freeman is seemingly a contact player,  however his swing helps him a lot in consistently reaching the power that he has in shop. What I see with his swing is that he stresses obtaining expansion with his arms,  from the factor of call to the end of his swing. Getting extension is essential to turning through the strike area and driving the sphere often. If you see closely,  you'll see see that Freeman does not let his wrists roll over and his leading palm remains dealing with up,  basically until completion of his swing. Why is this crucial? As aforementioned,  this is suggested to maintain Freeman's barrel in the strike zone much longer and to keep Freeman from drawing the bat away from it. Due to the fact that he keeps his barrel in the zone as long as he can,  it gets in touch with the round straight and is able to drive it with enough force. If he retreats prematurely,  it would not be simple for him to get his bat on airplane with the pitch (basically implying,  it'll be almost impossible for him to make even up a pitch). On the various other side of the area,  Tyler Freeman flashes simply a respectable glove. In 115 innings at second base,  he didn't build up any kind of defensive runs conserved. Nonetheless,  he had 1 out above average with a 98.1% fielding percent. Freeman's range ranks in at the 28th percentile in the leauge,  with a sprint rate position at the 82nd percentile. The range might most definitely be a little bit concerning,  but I assume that his sprint speed could most definitely assist with that In the celebration where either Brayan Rocchio,  Gabriel Arias or an additional middle infield possibility for the Guardians takes the open place over Freeman. I  would certainly guess that his rate and fielding capacities could play quite well in an edge outfield role.There is still a bit to be worried regarding with Freeman,  like some of his plate self-control numbers. However I truly think that it is ill-advised to entirely relegate him from major consideration in such discussions regarding the Guardians' opening places for the starting 9. Amongst the large three middle infield options for the Guards,  Tyler has the greatest flooring and could almost be a warranty to be your dependable everyday staple in the lineup. Tyler proved that he shouldn't simply be a second thought when he ended up off the season emphatically. In truth,  he may be the most sensible alternative that the Guardians have today besides Rocchio. I get the vacancy of power is most definitely a large disadvantage,  but it makes little of a difference as long as Freeman reaches that power regularly and is able to raise it like he did in the waning days of the 2023 season. Don't count Tyler Freeman out right now; he might wind up being a stud.