2, and just two pitchers threw a minimum of 100 innings at the major league level throughout the 2022 period and owned groundball rates between 53. 4% and 54. 5%: National League Cy Youthful Honor winner Sandy Alcantara of the Miami Marlins, and Graham Ashcraft of the Cincinnati Reds. You recognize what that means, right?Technically, it indicates I cherry-picked some hyperfocused statistics from a FanGraphs leaderboard, but the overriding style right here is one that hopefully has some legs Marlins Store.  Alcantara (53. 4%) and Ashcraft (54. 5%) rated 8th and 9th, respectively, among the 140 bottles that logged at least 100 IP in 2015, and while there's absolutely nothing by itself that recommends that Ashcraft coincides quality pitcher as Alcantara yet, profiling whatsoever similar to him is absolutely a favorable recommendation.  Both guys induce a lot of poor swings, poor swings generate grounders, and grounders - much more usually than liners - transform into outs. Armed with a heater that on a regular basis sits 97-99 and cuts like a Cutco with a penny, Ashcraft has the kind toolbox that's preferably fit for pitching in the cozy confines of Fantastic American Sphere Park.  His capacity to keep rounds on the ground is both his calling card and elite among his peers, with the only inquiry now being whether his infield defense can capably back that property currently that the shifting rules have actually been extra stringently implemented. I'm counting on a workhorse year for Graham, one in which he improves the 4. 89 ERA and 4. 21 FIP he published last season in part due to a bit of a surge in his strikeout price.  Yes, I simply claimed that his grounder price was his calling card, but I do think a little bump in his capability to miss out on bats will follow him right into his 2nd major league project, particularly from an individual that throws that damn hard. Today marks his first possibility to get rid of corrosion in Cactus Organization action, as he'll obtain the start for the Cincinnati Reds versus the Chad Pinderless Oakland A's in Goodyear Ballpark.  Very first pitch is again established for 3:05 PM ET, though there's no televised feed readily available today.  Hat-tip to Doug Gray of Redleg Country for passing along today's schedule and travel roster, with the other pitchers anticipated to take part today consisted of.  Resembles it's an Alexis Diaz day, too. Here is today's traveling lineup for the Cincinnati #Reds I think this marks the second video game in which Elly De La Cruz has actually started up until now this spring, and neither of them will have been telecasted.  Rats!